Skip to main content

A Sea of Wilderness

"We do not always recognize the wilderness when we first cross its borders." Christie Purifoy ~ Roots & Sky

It happened gradually for me… similar to the sea.
At first, there were calm waters… followed by a strong wave of misery.
Next, there were raging storms… which made me so lost I couldn’t see.
Then, there was a lull in the pain… Unfortunately, this just sailed me towards disbelief.
Suddenly, I'm in the eye of the storm… The rain is so thick, the waves beat and beat me.
Finally, all is calm and it is night at sea…
A deep, mesmerizing calmness exists on the open water.
This calm makes me falter.
I wonder surrounded by the great waters and full starry sky...
Was it all a fictitious lie?
I really don’t know what to believe.
Due to absence of strong waves and the presence of extreme fatigue, 
I wander and wonder vaguely sure… 
Will anyone fine me?
I am lost at sea.
~
I would definitely describe my wilderness like that of the sea. As I struggle through PCOS, chronic fatigue, insomnia, and a weakened immune system. I truly wonder: ‘What is happening to me?’
First there is pure sunshine like a beautiful day on the beach. Then, there is a flare up of issues like strong ocean waves. Next, there are rough seas with problems arising on all sides. Followed by extreme fatigue and feeling like I've lost 'me' and not sure of how things should truly 'be'.

What a relief to know we have a Lord who brings His children through the wilderness...no matter the scenery of that landscape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tired - Competition

That was it. I was tired.
Not the tired where I will sleep well because my rest was well earned. Not the tired where you’re groggy and just need extra sleep. The restless tired. The dangerous tired. The ‘I am done with this!’ tired. Why? I was tired of competing with multiple screens: a TV, an ipad, 2 phones. Tired of competing with every professional and college sport broadcast – with the exception of women’s sports because we don’t get those on our TV. Tired of competing with presidential news and daily “to do” list that have more weight than US (as a couple). Tired of there always being one more chore before that project I want to get to can be started. Tired of the same ol' same.
In the end I was just tired.
Tired of a world where we have to compete for a loved one’s attention. Tired of competing with society’s mandates. Tired of being a slave to fashion and trends. Tired of competing with society’s warp version of pretty. Tired of competing with a supermodel’s body image.
Mostly, I am tired …

Lines in the Sand

We draw these imaginary lines in the sand… Then, the tide comes and we wonder why we must start again… We build our castle of sand and hope it stands… Then, the tide comes and we are displeased we must build again… We make our own plans as we dream on the shore, Then, the sun sets and we wish for more.
We wish for more time to enjoy the day. We wish our lines in the sand would stay. We wish our castles could be bigger and stronger. We wish our plans would happen now and not take any longer.
We draw these imaginary lines in the sand… Then, the tide comes and we wonder why we must start again… We build our castle of sand again… Then, the tide comes and we are displeased we must build again… We make our own plans as we dream on the shore Then, the sun sets and we wish for more.
We rise the next day and do all of this again.
We work to maintain, a new way we never entertain. We start each day as a new beginning. Always wishing for a new ending.
Yet, we continue to draw our lines in the sand. We build our temp…