Skip to main content

If I Had the World's Attention

If I had the whole world’s attention for just one day…
I’d teach them about Christ and how He lights my way.

If I had the entire world’s attention for just one day…
I’d share with them the fire the Lord instills in me.
I’d demonstrate all He asks me to be
I’d tell them how His Holy Spirit radiates thru me.

If I had the entire world’s attention for just one day…
I’d share with them His love, His devotion, and how He is THE way.
I’d share with them the love Jesus provides to the less fortunate, the mercy He grants to each of us, the grace he gives to all, the forgiveness he desires for each of us to receive.

If I had the world’s attention even for just one day…
I’d ask them to rise early and to pray.
We would pray for each one who does not yet know Him. We would pray for those who have found Him but have gone astray.
We’ll pray for those who are down trodden that they may not know He will carry them. We’d pray for those who know Him but are going to be tried today. (Tried in ways that will tempt them to turn from His loving embrace.)
We’d pray for those over whom no one else prays, that they might feel Jesus today.

If I had the world’s attention even for just one day…
We’d meet up with those who wouldn’t or couldn’t rise early and celebrate the start of their day.
We’d rejoice in God’s Truth that he is always with us along our way.
We’d celebrate the opportunity to rise and worship Him this day.

If I had the world’s attention even for just one day…
After rising early to pray,
Worshiping God and celebrating His miraculous ways,
We’d set out on a path to which He the guide.
We’d prepare our hands and minds to build His kingdom further.
We would walk across the street and lend our neighbors a hand of nurture.

Whether a season of joy or a season of remorse,
a season of trails or a tough course,
a season of tears or a season of loneliness,
a season of longing or a season of unhealthiness,
Maybe even a season of rest.

We would celebrate the joys and listen to the remorse,
Demonstrate His love for those in trails and His light for that tough course,
Provide a shoulder for the tears and a companion for the loneliness.
We would celebrate those in a season of good health and pray over those in a season of longing that God would reveal what those hearts are looking for…
We would pray for a hedge of protection for those in trials and tests that their reliance on God would allow perseverance even when our flesh wants to quit.
We would pray for the earthly body of those in poor health that God would provide healing and comfort whether in this world or the next.
We would relish the moments with those in a season of rest.

If I had the world’s attention even for just one day…
It wouldn’t be mine to keep, but mine to give away.
I’d give the day to Christ and put the focus on the Lord’s will.
I’d rise early to pray, worship and celebrate, show love to my neighbor, and then be still.

If I had the world’s attention even for just one day…
I’d remind each person to be still and simply dwell.
Dwell in the promises of our Almighty King.
Celebrate and Praise Him for His eternal reign.

If I had the world’s attention even for just one day…
I hope I’d live just like this each and every day.
Grateful to rise early and pray, pray, pray.
Giving the Lord worship and praise all along the way.
Showing love to my neighbor.
Then, completely resting in my Heavenly Father’s unearned favor.
I’d watch the sunset,
And be thankful for those I have met.
I’d thank the Lord for the chance to serve Him
And for His mercy to begin it tomorrow all over again.

If I had the world’s attention for even just one day.
I’d pray I demonstrate His Light, His Love, His Mercy in every possible way.

If I had the world’s attention for just one single day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Fridays

I follow several blogs, but there are only a handful I read daily including Rainmakers and Stormchasers, http://www.jennyrain.com/ . Jenny has a blog friend who does Five Minute Fridays where you write on a given topic for five minutes, post your writing unedited, and encourage others to do the same. Today’s topic was 'Remember'. Here's my unedited five minutes on 'Remember'...(What did you do on your lunch break?).... Remember...  I remember those times… with family and friends… Those long seemingly endless summer days at Memaw’s with my sister, brother, and cousins…I remember waiting on mom to come in for lunch…And those special days when Aunt Barb came too…Oh the days we spent at Aunt Barb’s…I remember loving… Then, there were those mornings before school where we all gathered around the breakfast table…Memaw always prepared a feast…we would argue over who’s turn it was to say the pray…but I remember all the other conversations were so good…I remember gett

Stay and See Jesus for Yourself

Recently during our Wednesday night women's class, we were listening to part of Priscilla Shirer's portion on the DVD series 'Unwrap the Bible'. We hadn't yet made it all the way through Priscilla's portion when I noticed myself writing these words in my notes, 'Stay and See Jesus for Yourself'. Now, I won't steal Priscilla's thunder or her great points. (I couldn't do it justice.) Let me just say, those words I wrote seemed to leap off the page at me: Stay and see Jesus for yourself. How often do I run ahead of God, too often! Still, at some point I seem to remember to come back to Him and ask for mercy, grace, and direction to walk His way instead of my own. How often do I hang back not willing to jump in to something He has for me? I think of a C.S. Lewis quote, 'There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.' I mean that's exactly what Paul tells us, right? For us to live is Christ and to di

Five Minute Fridays

It's time for Five Minute Fridays. No editing, no backtracking, and no over-thinking. Just writing for five minutes on a given topic. Join us. Today's Topic: Grit. Grit is the gumption not only to keep going when times are tough but to keep going with the determination that God knows what is best, and no matter what He will see you through this. The most important part of the endeavor is to realize not only is God leading you through your struggle, but He wants you to lead others, to set a Holy example, to love as Christ loves, and to come out stronger on the other side. Never resenting what you’ve gone through, but being thankful for the grit to keep going. Grit is more than continuing when others would stop. Grit isn’t walking blind or slowly moving through a valley. Grit is climbing towards the mountain top… Pulling others with you as you climb… Carrying more than your own load but that of your sisters’ and brothers’ in Christ... Grit is there when you physically,